A Life Less Ordinaryis a collaboration between writer Mark Pawlak and photographer Julia Horbaschk.
“If we’re not careful we’ll end up living our adventures through the lives of others, bathed in the glow of our mobile phones. We need more than a paycheque, more than material rewards and much more than social media can ever offer us. We need adventure.”
Together, we’re going to dig deeper into the psyche of people who might just have the inspiration we are all looking for. Over the next 24 months we’ll be interviewing and photographing well known adventurers along with a wide range of ‘regular’ people who live A Life Less Ordinary, looking for their insights, tips, advice and inspiration.
We are looking to answer these questions, and more:
- What is it that adventure gives us?
- How do we balance digital culture with a longing for the natural world?
- Is digital saturation pushing us back to nature?
- How accessible is adventure and who is challenging the stereotypical image of the adventurer?
- Exploration and adventure travel is often seen as a pastime of the rich. How can we all get a taste?
Photos © Julia Horbaschk, ©Elspeth Beard, ©Michael Strandberg, ©Anna Campbell, ©The Vogel Family. No use without written permission.